Choosing a chic, family friendly and easy maintenance sink can lead to lot of confusion as people often get stuck between a multi useful countertop basin or a classic pedestal one or a wall-mounted sink. Therefore, here is everything that shall help you choose the perfect sink for your bathroom.
Types of Sinks
- Pedestal Basin: These have a stand which hides all the clumsy pipe works giving a contemporary or traditional look (whichever and however you choose to place it) to your bathroom.
- Semi-Pedestal Basin: These are wall hung yet have a shorter pedestal which still hides all the plumbing ugliness behind it and the room looks more spacious.
- Wall-Mounted Basin: With the bathroom floor completely on show, this type helps you to fix the bathroom sink according to your or others height which is not possible I case of the above two.
- Free-Standing Basin: These elegantly sculpted pieces, captures more floor spaces of the bathrooms than the pedestal and the semi-pedestal sinks. Therefore, these are more appropriate for very spacious bathrooms.
- Counter-Top Basin: These designs are sleek and are fitted on top of a work surface or bathroom furniture (counter), which has the drawers and cupboards below which keeps the room clutter free. They come in a variety of designs such as; oval shaped, square or rectangular shaped or bowl shaped.
The other two varieties of the counter-top basins are, SEMI-RECESSESSED BASINS and INSET BASINS.
Materials Used to Make Basins
- Ceramic Basins: These are perfect for the family bathrooms as it is easy to clean the glossy surface and maintain it.
- Glass Basins: Though these are generally used as a countertop basin but make sure that you place them in the rooms where no damage is caused.
- Stone Basis: These luxurious basins are absolute favorites as a counter-top basin but are generally not used in family bathrooms. Do follow all the instructions of the dealer for fixing and maintaining it.
- Solid Surface Basin: These family basins are hygienic and easily maintained. These are the combinations of countertopand seam-free basins.
- Resin Basins: It is an affordable choice for a vanity unity. Since, it is lighter in weight compared to others; therefore, it makes the wall-hung vanity less heavy.
Bathroom Sink Purchasing Tips
- Make sure that the wall-hung basins are securely attached only to solid walls as a false wall cannot hold the basin for too long.
- A lot of basins come with pre-drilled tap holes which will lead you to choose between a single-lever tap and a monobloc tap.
- In case, there is no tap hole on the basin, then, you have to choose between a tall washbowl tap and a wall-mounted tap.
- Many contemporary basins do not have the facility of the traditional plug and chain designs for the wastes. Nowadays, the basins either have the pop-up design or the flip-top designs for the wastes. So, do choose according to your convenience.